Critical Access Ramp Program Request for Proposals
Alpha One - REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Due Date 5pm August 10, 2016
Alpha One, a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of individuals with disabilities seeks proposals from qualified building contractors to construct and install residential ramps at homes in Cumberland County.
Site Description / Building Description
An estimated 12-15 new residential temporary structure ramps will be located throughout Cumberland County per year for (2) years. It’s anticipated the majority of installations will be at single-family detached homes though some may be at mobile/manufactured homes or multi-family housing.
Over the past 12 years Alpha One has provided a residential ramp program throughout Maine called Critical Access. The installation of temporary ramps without footings enables income qualified individuals to enter and exit their homes safely and prevents unnecessary moves to nursing facilities and residential care settings.
Nature of Services Requested
The selected contractor will provide two services:
2) Installation of ramp components in accordance with layout plans provided by Alpha One to meet the 2010 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Standards for Accessible Design, and all state building and life safety codes. The use of weather resistant, pressure treated lumber is required. Individual property locations and homes may require modifications for installation of the pre-fabricated components.
3) As an extension of this program the contractor must install on an as needed basis the following:
A. Battery Operated Carbon Monoxide Detector (10 year battery).
B. Battery Operated Smoke Detectors (such as First Alert Model (SA340CN).
1) Maintenance of an appropriate inventory of pre-fabricated components.
2) Building permit coordination with local municipalities for building permits as required.
3) Accurate detailed billing invoices to ensure timely payment.
The contractor will be available to install ramps on an “on-call” basis for a period of up to two years. The contractor will be provided a two- three week lead time for each individual project to allow for permitting and scheduling.
All proposals must include the following elements:
1. Qualifications of the construction manager for the project.
2. Identification and location of pre-fabrication and storage facility.
3. At least three references.
4. Examples of similar projects.
5. A proposed pricing schedule for components: See Exhibit A
6. A proposed pricing schedule for installation.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate proposals:
1. Experience and demonstrated effectiveness with similar projects – 30%
3. Work plan and timetable for completion – 10%
4. Qualifications of assigned personnel to the project – 10%
5. Price – 50%
Alpha One reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals or parts thereof and to make further modifications as it deems in the best interest of Alpha One. It also reserves the right to retain all proposals submitted and to use any ideas from a proposal regardless of whether that proposal is selected. Submission of a proposal indicates acceptance of the conditions contained within this Request for Proposal.
Questions about the Request for Proposals should be directed in writing to or by phone 767-2189
127 Main St.
South Portland, ME 04106
Submission of Proposal
4 copies of the proposal must be received on or before August 10, 2016. Send proposals to: Attn: Lori Tully Alpha One 127 Main Street, South Portland, Maine 04106.
Interviews may be scheduled with top-identified candidates.